Alisson wins 2019 Samba d'Or ahead of Neymar, Firmino...
The winner of the 2019 Samba d’Or Award is Alisson, with the Liverpool star the first goalkeeper to take the prize.
Alisson has become the first goalkeeper to win the Samba d'Or Award, beating Liverpool team-mate Roberto Firmino to the prize with Neymar only fifth.
Reds' Alisson number one...again
The stopper took 35.54 per cent of the vote for the best Brazilian player in Europe with Firmino in second spot with 23.48 per cent.
Liverpool won the Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup in 2019 while Brazil claimed Copa America glory.
Congrats to @LFCBrasil goalkeeper @Alissonbecker being voted the best Brazilian player in Europe for 2019 and becoming the winner of the 11th edition of the Samba Gold! https://t.co/MEREoaNbrz pic.twitter.com/0mJE9ACogw— Sambafoot (@Sambafoot) January 2, 2020
Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva came third with another Liverpool player, midfielder Fabinho, finishing fourth in the voting.
Three-time winner Neymar, who missed Brazil's triumph at the Copa America on home soil, was in fifth place with only 7.57 per cent.
Firmino won the award in 2018 and Alisson is the third player to win the Samba d'Or while representing Philippe Coutinho the 2016 recipient.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Barcelona converts car park into a temporary morgue
- Coronavirus What is the name of the coronavirus: Covid-19, SARS-CoV-2...
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: What are the risk groups?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: global confirmed cases of Covid-19 pass 1,000,000
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: UK Government urged to tax clubs refusing to cut wages
- LaLiga Coronavirus: Atletico Madrid cut player wages by 70 per cent