Real Madrid: Flamengo's Reinier follows stars after move hint
Soon after Flamengo coach Jorge Jesus suggested Reinier is to join a major European club, the starlet began following several Real Madrid stars on Instagram.
Flamengo coach Jorge Jesus this week appeared to let slip that teenage starlet Reinier is set for a move to Europe, shortly before the player began following a host of Real Madrid stars on Instagram.
Flamengo coach hints Reinier going "to one of Europe's big clubs"
Speaking to the Portuguese newspaper Record, Jesus rebuffed suggestions he doesn't do enough to bring through young players by saying: "I promoted three players [at Flamengo], one a 17-year-old, one an 18-year-old and the other a 19-year-old.
"They have been starters in Flamengo matches and the 17-year-old is going to be sold to one of Europe's big clubs for a multi-million-euro fee."
Although he did not identify the players by name, Jesus seems to have been referring to Reinier, Lincoln (a forward who has just turned 19) and Matheus Thuler, a defender who, though now 20, has impressed under the Portuguese coach.
Hours after Jesus' comments in Record, Reinier began following several Real Madrid players on Instagram - Marco Asensio, Luka Jovic, Éder Militão, Eden Hazard, Sergio Ramos, Toni Kroos, Vinicius Júnior, Dani Carvajal, Rodrygo Goes and Marcelo - as well as the club itself.
Real Madrid eye 35m-euro-rated Reinier
Reinier is one of the globe's most highly-rated youngsters and has been linked with both Atlético and Real Madrid. AS understands that talks were held with Atlético, but they were unsuccessful as Los Rojiblancos were put off by his then-60m-euro buy-out fee and the fact that the player operates in the same position as João Félix.
However, the contract extension later signed by Reinier at Flamengo brought with it a reduction in his release clause to 35m euros - an asking price which has encouraged Madrid to seek a deal, the media outlet SporTV has revealed.
Te recomendamos en English
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- MLS Phil Neville is one step closer to becoming new Inter Miami head coach
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live