Van Bronckhorst: Pep Guardiola to lose another successor
The Dutchman was seen as a likely candidate to take over as the next manager at the Etihad, especially after Arteta left, but this now looks unlikely.
After the recent departure of Mikel Arteta to Arsenal, Manchester City could be about to see another key member of their backroom staff leave the club. Dutch legend Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is reported to be heading east to join Guangzhou R&F in the Chinese Super League just three months after arriving at the Premier League champions.
Van Bronckhorts linked to CSL
The former Barcelona player was considered by many as a potential replacement for Pep Guardiola when the Spaniard decides to move onto a new challenge. And with that day perceived to be not to far into the future, the arrival of Van Bronckhorst was seen as part of the succession preparation process.
Unlike Arteta, Van Bronckhorst already has some very successful experience as first team coach under his belt. At Feyenoord, between 2015 and 2019, he won an Eredivisie title, two domestic Cups and two Super Cups in the Netherlands.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby