Van Bronckhorst: Pep Guardiola to lose another successor
The Dutchman was seen as a likely candidate to take over as the next manager at the Etihad, especially after Arteta left, but this now looks unlikely.
After the recent departure of Mikel Arteta to Arsenal, Manchester City could be about to see another key member of their backroom staff leave the club. Dutch legend Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is reported to be heading east to join Guangzhou R&F in the Chinese Super League just three months after arriving at the Premier League champions.
Van Bronckhorts linked to CSL
The former Barcelona player was considered by many as a potential replacement for Pep Guardiola when the Spaniard decides to move onto a new challenge. And with that day perceived to be not to far into the future, the arrival of Van Bronckhorst was seen as part of the succession preparation process.
Unlike Arteta, Van Bronckhorst already has some very successful experience as first team coach under his belt. At Feyenoord, between 2015 and 2019, he won an Eredivisie title, two domestic Cups and two Super Cups in the Netherlands.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane