Tottenham confirm hamstring tear for Harry Kane
Harry Kane could face a long lay-off with the hamstring injury he sustained at Southampton, Jose Mourinho has revealed.
Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho expects striker Harry Kane to face a lengthy spell on the sidelines with a hamstring injury.
Mou had bad feeling about Kane
The England captain suffered the blow in the defeat at Southampton on New Year's Day, when he had to be substituted in the second half.
Final results on the seriousness of the injury were yet to reach Mourinho, but he could not see a scenario where it would be positive.
"Maybe later today we have news, but if you ask me my feeling, good news or bad news, I am more on bad news than good news," Mourinho said on Friday.
"Kane leaving a match the way he did it, he didn’t think twice, it took him two seconds to realise the severity of his situation."
Kane tear confirmed
Later in the day a short statement on Spurs' website confirmed a hamstring tear but did not provide an update on the severity of the tear or a timescale for his recovery.
The club added that medical staff will continue to monitor the injury and that treatment is ongoing.
Kane posted a tweet shortly before Spurs' statement, which merely read: "Head up. Tough times don't last, tough people do."
Head up. Tough times don’t last, tough people do. pic.twitter.com/tqK526b3Ow— Harry Kane (@HKane) January 3, 2020
A grade one tear would typically result in an absence of three weeks, but a more severe grade two injury could see Kane miss around two months of action.
Record signing Tanguy Ndombele also came off against Southampton, with a hip injury his problem.
Like Kane, Ndombele will miss the FA Cup third-round match at Middlesbrough on Sunday.
Midfielder Eric Dier could return after recovering from a virus, while forward Son Heung-min has completed a suspension.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill