Christian Eriksen closes in on Inter Milan move
Danish news outlet Ekstra Bladet has reported that the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, hotly linked with a move to Real Madrid, is off to Serie A.
Christian Eriksen is once again making headlines in the transfer market. Following much speculation about a move getting finalised for the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder to join Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid, it now appears that he is off to Serie A title challengers, Inter Milan.
Inter-esting times ahead for Eriksen
As well as Los Blancos, Manchester United were linked with the Dane, but according to newspaper Ekstra Bladet in the player's homeland, a deal with the Milan club is being developed. Eriksen's current contract with Spurs expires on 30 June this year and he is unlikely to renew, giving more reason for a move to happen now rather than risk getting nothing in the summer.
The Nerazzurri interest has not been a secret, and the report suggests they may be able to prise the Scandinavian star away for as little as 20 million euros. Antonio Conte, coach of the Italian team, knows the player first-hand after seeing him as an opponent while at Chelsea and is apparently keen to get him on board as his side looks to break the domestic dominance of Juventus. Assuming no spanners in the works arise - including Spurs convincing the player to change his mind for a lucrative new contract - the deal is expected to be done over the coming weeks, rather than the next few days.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay fire blank in Argentina loss but Tabarez's legend grows
- EURO 2020 Portugal in form but can Ronaldo, Santos and co be fun?
- REAL MADRID Pau Torres, a future option for Real Madrid
- SERIE A Mourinho ready for Roma challenge after past mistakes
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid ready to sell Jovic
- NBA Which teams have played in the NBA Eastern Conference finals the most?