Barcelona: Valverde hopes Vidal will stay: "I don't want anyone else to leave"
Valverde made his opinion about Arturo Vidal clear: "We know Arturo, he's the same as ever and that's that. I don't see any problem".
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde looked ahead to tomorrow night's trip to Espanyol - the team's opening game of 2020.
With it being a derby and Abelardo's first game in charge with Espanyol, what kind of game are you expecting?
We've been looking at what Espanyol have been doing in their last few games but also in Abelardo's working methods and how he usually plans for games against us. They are in a difficult situation, but in a derby, you play with your heart and you need to know how to approach it. They will be trying to give themselves a lift. For us it's an important game. We want to win in spite of the emotional side this particular game has.
Messi and Suárez arrived later than the rest.
Just like the others, they've had personal training work to do while they've been on holiday and the three of them have come back in good shape - Leo, Luis and Arturo.
Neto replaces Ter Stegen
What does Ter Stegen's absence mean to the team?
He's had a few problems with his tendon and we decided that it would be better for him to take a break. He's not available for tomorrow's game and it will be difficult for him to make the Super Cup. He'll be back after the Super Cup.
What repercussions could Vidal face?
I don't there should be any repercussions in the sporting side of the matter and that is all I am interested in. He's been training well.
Barcelona have admitted they are interested in Dani Olmo. What do you make of him?
He's a player who was with us before. A good player who is at another club and I don't speak about speculation. He's a great player.
What are your wishes for 2020?
We want to win games and win trophies to make our club a bigger success.
Vidal situation will be sorted out
Could Arturo Vidal be affected by recent events?
In terms of contracts, there is always differences of opinion. That will be resolved - internally. We know Arturo, he's the same as ever and that's that. I don't see any problem
Do you hope Espanyol avoid relegation?
Of course I'd like Espanyol to stay up. Whether they will or not, I don't know. They are bottom of the table, they need to gain a lot of points to avoid going down. But they are five points away from safety. Their last defeat really hurt them but there is a margin for them to survive.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?