Bayern to sign Schalke keeper Nubel on free transfer
Alexander Nubel will become a Bayern Munich player in July, the goalkeeper agreeing a move from Bundesliga rivals Schalke.
Bayern Munich have confirmed an agreement has been reached to sign goalkeeper Alexander Nubel once his Schalke contract expires at the end of the season.
The 23-year-old informed Schalke last month he would not be renewing his deal amid links with a number of clubs, including Premier League side Tottenham.
Nubel agrees five-year Bayern deal
Bundesliga champions Bayern announced on their official website on Saturday that Nubel has agreed to a five-year contract at Allianz Arena, starting from July 1.
Ex-Germany Under-21 international Nubel made the switch from Paderborn to Schalke in 2015 and has been dubbed in some quarters as the new Manuel Neuer.
He made headlines in December for an ugly challenge on Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Mijat Gacinovic, resulting in a four-match ban.
Schalke are fifth in the Bundesliga table and three points adrift of third-place Bayern, who recently placed Hansi Flick in caretaker charge until the end of the campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star 2021: Slam Dunk Contest updates, Three points and Skills Challenge winner... | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star Game 2021 : Team LeBron vs Team Durant, scores, highlights | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star 2021: who has won the most All-Star Game MVP awards?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star: who has won the most Slam Dunk Contests?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN New unemployment benefits 2021: who will get extra payments from the stimulus bill?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today