Monaco: Robert Moreno makes winning start at Ligue 1 club
Monaco looked to be heading for defeat when Reims got a late penalty, but Benjamin Lecomte saved it and Keita Baldé Diao snatched the win.
Robert Moreno got off to a victorious start as Monaco coach thanks to Benjamin Lecomte's late penalty save and Keita Baldé Diao's 95th-minute winner in a Coupe de France clash against Reims.
Keita double earns Monaco victory in Moreno bow
Former Spain boss Moreno replaced Leonardo Jardim last week and began his tenure with a dramatic 2-1 triumph in the last-64 encounter at the Stade Louis II.
Keita headed home a cross from Wissam Ben Yedder after a goalless first half but Boulaye Dia restored parity in the 69th minute.
Reims were awarded a penalty when Adrien Silva fouled Hassane Kamara with six minutes left on the clock, but Lecomte kept out Moussa Doumbia from the spot.
Keita made the most of the reprieve, controlling Aleksandr Golovin's corner and rifling a crisp finish into the bottom-right corner with practically the last kick of the game.
PSG clash up next for Monaco
Monaco return to Ligue 1 action a week on Sunday when they travel to Paris Saint-Germain, who visit the principality three days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?