Ibrahimovic's statue in Malmö vandalised again
As the Swede gets ready to make his AC Milan debut, the statue was found lying on the ground with the head wrapped in a Sweden shirt.
The statue of Zlatan Ibrahimovic erected in his home town of Malmö was vandalised once again on Saturday, and was sawn off at the ankles, removed from its plinth and found on the ground with the head wrapped in a Sweden shirt.
This fresh act of vandalism occurs as Ibrahimovic gets ready to make his debut for AC Milan, a club he is returning to after almost two years at LA Galaxy. This is not the first time the statue has been damaged - before Christmas its nose was cut off, and when the striker announced he had acquired a stake in Hammarby, a rival club from Stockholm, claiming he was going to turn it into the biggest club in Scandinavia, angry Malmö fans set it on fire.
Ibrahimovic made his name at Malmö FF, before going on to enjoy a glittering, trophy-laden career in the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, England, France and the USA.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?