Man United make move for Wolves pair Neves and Jimenez
Man United have reportedly made enquiries about 22-year-old midfielder Neves and 28-year-old striker Jimenez as they look to bring in winter reinforcements.
Manchester United have made enquiries about Wolves duo Rubén Neves and Raul Jimenez, according to Goal.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has stated that the club would be willing to bring in winter reinforcements were the right kind of players to come available.
And the Norwegian manager may view the Wolves pair, who both put in a decent showing against his side in the 0-0 FA Cup third round draw at Molineux on Saturday, as the type of players that could fit his Man United side.
Goal reports that that the Red Devils have moved to open talks on 22-year-old midfielder Neves and 28-year-old striker Jimenez, claiming that “Wolves are ready to consider a sale [for the latter] if their valuation is met.”
Nuno fails to rule out Jimenez-Man United move
Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo did not rule out Jimenez’s possible transfer when asked about him after the game. “It’s the first time I heard it. Ole didn’t mention anything about it. But the transfer window is open. When it is open, anything can happen,” said the Portuguese coach.
Neves, meanwhile, has come into focus after United lost out on two major midfield targets, Mario Mandzukic and Erling Haaland, who have completed respective moves to Al-Duhail and Borussia Dortmund.
With Solskjaer eager to add creativity to his depleted midfield, Neves could be viewed as a viable solution amid growing speculation that Paul Pogba could leave in January, although the summer looks much more likely departure date for the Frenchman.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Coronavirus: PFA and Premier League discuss player wages
- REAL MADRID Meunier: "I didn't injure Hazard, he made contact with me"
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 2 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 2 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'