Lazio equal club record for consecutive Serie A victories
A 1-2 win away at Brescia on Sunday moved Lazio within three points of the top two sides in Serie A, Inter Milan and Juventus. The team sits third on 39 points.
Lazio's 1-2 win away at Brescia this afternoon equalled the club's record of nine cosecutive Serie A wins. Mario Balotelli put the struggling hosts in front on Sunday, but the game took a turn just before half-time when Andrea Cistana was sent off for fouling Felipe Caicedo in the box; Ciro Immobile comfortably converted the resulting penalty.
Immobile takes his tally to 18 goals in 17 games
Immobile, Serie A's top scorer then struck the winner in the first minute of added time to take his tally for the season to 18 in the league. The last time a player was so prolific at this stage of a Serie A campaign was back in 1959, when Antonio Valentin Angelillo was on a similar figure for Inter Milan.
Lazio won nine games in a row during the 1998-99 season under Sven-Goran Eriksson, but they narrowly missed out on the title to AC Milan.
Today's win at Brescia moved Lazio to within three points of the top two sides in Serie A, Inter and Juventus, the team finish the weekend in third on 39 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- GAMING NEWS Genshin Impact: how to download free in PS4, PC, iOS and Android
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?