Reinier on Real Madrid signing: "We have to wait..."
Flamengo's rising star, Reinier, has been linked with a move to Real Madrid and says "we have to wait" when asked about what could be an imminent transfer.
Brazilian midfielder, Reinier Jesus Carvalho, has avoided answering questions about his potential signing with Real Madrid on Sunday. AS reported on Friday that the 17-year-old was being watched by Madrid but he was non-committal when asked about it by the press in Brazil.
"We have to wait," he said when pressed by journalists about his future. The youngster was training with Brazil's under-23s at Granja Comary where the national football federation's headquarters.
It was his third day of training with the Brazil squad that will take part in the pre-Olympics in February. They will defend the Olympic title they won at Rio 2016 during the summer at Tokyo 2020.
Goal reported that Flamengo directos met with the player and his father, Mauro Brasilia, the world champion of football sala with Brazil in 1985, and that an agreement had been reached in principle. During the talks, Flamengo were represented by Bruno Spindel along with the football agent Giuliano Bertolucci.
UOL Esporte reported that the Rio-based club have accepted 80% of his release clause, which is €35 million and the other 20% would be shared by the player and his family.
Flamengo are now waiting for a formal offer for the player, who has been chased by Atlético Madrid among other top European teams.
"The offer has to come first," said Marcos Braz, Flamengo's vice-president when he was asked about the "imminent transfer" of the player to the Spanish club, which is what the Spanish press had been saying.
Raúl's Castilla side would be Reinier's first stop at the club if he does arrive in Spain's capital. "I can't tell you anything because I don't know anything, you will have to ask the club or other people. Nobody has told me anything about the situation," said Raúl on Sunday.
He has been likened to Kaká due to his style of play as an attacking midfielder and will have four Brazilian teammates to help him settle in Madrid if the outcome is a transfer. Casemiro, Marcelo and his former Flamengo teammate, Vinicius along with Rodrygo are the other Brazilian's in the squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?