Lobotka left out of Celta squad as move to Napoli nears
Óscar García has opted to leave Lobotka out of his squad and is resigned to losing the Slovakian as Gattuso looks to have got his man.
Stanislav Lobotka's time at Celta is coming to an end. Óscar Garcia, the club's manager, left him out of the squad on Sunday against Osasuna as a move to Napoli nears.
In Italy, they are taking it as a done deal that he will be the next signing by Gennaro Gattuso. Celta, who rejected the first offer for the player, are willing to sell the midfielder for a fee believed to be in the region of €25 million.
Agreement between the two clubs is close and Óscar hasn't hidden the fact during his media duties ahead of the LaLiga game at Balaidos.
"I was a professional footballers too," he said. "I know that footballers want to play in the Champions League and European competitions."
Lobotka signed for Celta in 2017 from Nordsjaelland for €5 million. The 25-year-old Slovakian has played 90 games for the club and looks like he might have played his last too.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win