SPANISH SUPER CUP
Rodrigo out of Real Madrid game in Spanish Super Cup
Valencia could be without Rodrigo Moreno for the Supercopa de Espana after the former Real Madrid man suffered a knee sprain.
Rodrigo Moreno has suffered a sprain to his right knee ahead of the Supercopa de Espana clash with Real Madrid, Valencia have confirmed.
Spain striker Rodrigo was substituted with seven minutes remaining of Valencia's 1-0 win over Eibar in LaLiga on Saturday.
The team travel to Saudi Arabia on Monday for the revamped four-team Supercopa, playing Madrid in Wednesday's semi-final.
Rodrigo's involvement in the tournament would appear to be in serious doubt following scans on his knee.
"His condition will be assessed over the coming days," a Valencia statement read.
MEDICAL REPORT | Rodrigo Moreno https://t.co/v4o7Tu9KUa— Valencia CF English (@valenciacf_en) January 5, 2020
The former Madrid man has four goals for Valencia in all competitions so far this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Haaland's competitive approach rubbing off on Dortmund team mates
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester's Ndidi to miss Man City clash
- Barcelona Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite presentation live online
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Dortmund's golden boys: Reyna, Haaland and Sancho
- Barcelona Braithwaite: "I'm a goalscorer so I'm here to score goals"
- Europa League Getafe vs Ajax live online: Europa League 2019-20