SPANISH SUPER CUP
Rodrigo out of Real Madrid game in Spanish Super Cup
Valencia could be without Rodrigo Moreno for the Supercopa de Espana after the former Real Madrid man suffered a knee sprain.
Rodrigo Moreno has suffered a sprain to his right knee ahead of the Supercopa de Espana clash with Real Madrid, Valencia have confirmed.
Spain striker Rodrigo was substituted with seven minutes remaining of Valencia's 1-0 win over Eibar in LaLiga on Saturday.
The team travel to Saudi Arabia on Monday for the revamped four-team Supercopa, playing Madrid in Wednesday's semi-final.
Rodrigo's involvement in the tournament would appear to be in serious doubt following scans on his knee.
"His condition will be assessed over the coming days," a Valencia statement read.
MEDICAL REPORT | Rodrigo Moreno https://t.co/v4o7Tu9KUa— Valencia CF English (@valenciacf_en) January 5, 2020
The former Madrid man has four goals for Valencia in all competitions so far this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests