João Félix: "Now I see how happy I was at Benfica"
The Atlético Madrid forward spoke to Benfica Play about his time at Benfica, moving from Porto and scoring against them and promises to return one day.
João Félix has been the subject of a series of interviews on Benfica Play in Portugal. The Atlético Madrid attacker moved to Spain last summer for a record-breaking fee of €126 million but says he wants to return to the Portuguese club one day.
"Now I see how happy I was at Benfica," he said. "I plan to return one day to leave my mark at the club."
The 20-year-old also revealed one of the worst days of his career along with a moment that freed him from the rumours surrounding his future at the time. It came in April 2019 when he scored a hat-trick against Eintracht Frankfurt.
"After the third goal, I started to cry," he said. "It took all of the pressure away from me. Two days before, in the dressing room, I heard comments that I didn't like. I went to the toilet to cry, but after I scored the hat-trick, it liberated me, I gave my all."
"There was a lot of talk on social media about the fact that I left Porto to go to Benfica," he said. "I know the players didn't like it." His return to play against Porto was controversial too. "We were losing 1-0, it was an important game. If we won, we could go top and I got the draw, it was a good goal. I celebrated the goal with arrogance, looking at their faces. That was my moment. A beautiful feeling."
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Heat vs Bucks live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- FA CUP FINAL 2021 Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City result, goals, summary, highlights | FA Cup Final 2021
- LaLiga Barcelona - Celta: times, TV & how to watch online
- Euro 2020 Zlatan Ibrahimovic ruled out of Euro 2020
- US News Where to get 12-15 year old kids vaccinated in New York
- NBA Doc Rivers: top seed part of journey to ultimate goal for 76ers