Mou's problems mount a month and a half into the job
Spurs' draw with Middlebrough mean a replay but with Kane sidelined and Eriksen possibly leaving, Mourinho is facing difficulties in his new job.
José Mourinho has been the manager of Tottenham Hotspur for a month and a half. Against Jonathan Woodgate's Middlebrough on Sunday in the FA Cup, things didn't go to plan and that's the way it has been for the former Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United manager since taking over from Mauricio Pochettino.
The draw means Middlesbrough will head to London for a replay but with so little time in the schedule for rest, it doesn't suit Mourinho despite having home advantage. He has a host of issues and he admitted after the game that they are "in trouble with injuries."
Harry Kane is out injured and Mourinho admits that he has no replacement for the striker. They lie 30 points behind leaders Liverpool and six from the Champions League places and the problems are mounting for the Portuguese coach.
Six wins, two draws and four losses is what Mourinho has managed to muster since taking charge of Spurs. They have a Champions League last 16 tie to play against RB Leipzig and Kane will miss that but many expected Mourinho to have fixed the issues that plagued Pochettino's last few months in charge by now.
Christian Eriksen remains linked with a move away. He will leave the club for free during the summer and Daniel Levy might be keen to get money back for the player. Mourinho is set to lose one of his key players with several sides interested in his signing and Inter Milan in pole position to land the Dane.
With Kane, the teams talisman and spiritual leader, on the sideline, Eriksen with a foot and a half out the door and the pressure that comes with knockout Champions League football, Mourinho has more problems than he might have envisioned when he took to the bench at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium a month and a half ago.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea and Manchester City ask UEFA to move Champions League final to Wembley
- ROMA VS MAN UTD Roma vs Manchester United live online: Europa League semi-final second leg
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the covid-19 restrictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- CORONAVIRUS US What percentage of vaccination is needed for herd immunity?
- WORLD NEWS Chinese rocket launch failure: what happened and what are the consequences?