Real Madrid: D.C. United want Luka Modric
According to The Athletic and what AS has been able to confirm, MLS franchise D.C. United want Luka Modric to be the new star to replace Wayne Rooney.
D.C. United are keen to sign Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric, according to The Athletic (and which AS has been able to confirm).
However, as this newspaper understands, the operation will not be possible at this time, since Modric’s salary demands would be too high for the MLS franchise and because the Croatian wants to see out his contract at Real Madrid, which runs until 2021.
D.C. United’s interest in Modric has intensified following the departure of Wayne Rooney, who returned to England in August 2019 to join Championship club Derby County after 18 months with the MLS outfit.
Modric's short-term future remains at Madrid
Despite having lost his undisputed starter status, mainly due to the rapid emergence of Fede Valverde, the Croatian veteran is still seen as an indispensable player for coach Zinedine Zidane.
Amid the physical issues he has had this season, the 34-year-old has still played 18 matches, providing four goals and five assists – decent figures that demonstrate his quality and importance to Madrid. As such, Modric’s future remains at the Bernabéu, at least in the short term.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests