Ibrahimovic unable to "celebrate like a god" in goalless draw
Zlatan Ibrahimovic looked back on his first game back with AC Milan, which ended in a goalless draw at home to Sampdoria on Monday night.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic dreamt of scoring then "celebrating like a god" in his first game for AC Milan in 2,794 days. Ibra made his return to San Siro on Monday but he was unable to toast the occasion with a win as it ended 0-0 against Sampdoria.
Zlatan appears as a second-half sub
The 38-year-old, who was part of the last Milan side to win the Scudetto in 2010-11, came on for Krzysztof Piatek 10 minutes into the second half as the Rossoneri's winless streak extended to three matches.
"I could feel a lot of adrenaline, emotion, and feelings I'd been carrying around with me for nine or 10 years," Ibrahimovic, who arrived on a free transfer until the end of the season, told Sky Sport Italia. "The rapport with the fans remains wonderful and gives me so much motivation. I wanted to get on to the pitch, score a goal and then celebrate like a god in front of the Curva!"
Ibra keen to get Milan going again
Ibrahimovic added: "You can see that the team is lacking confidence and aggression in scoring goals, so we aren't as effective. We need to understand what to do in order to get the best out of this squad. I've been here for four days and I will try everything possible to get Milan going again. There is a lack of faith here."
Milan are 12th in Serie A, 13 points adrift of fourth-placed Roma and just eight points above the relegation zone after 18 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Haaland's competitive approach rubbing off on Dortmund team mates
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester's Ndidi to miss Man City clash
- Barcelona Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite presentation live online
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Dortmund's golden boys: Reyna, Haaland and Sancho
- Barcelona Braithwaite: "I'm a goalscorer so I'm here to score goals"
- Europa League Getafe vs Ajax live online: Europa League 2019-20