Man United: Solskjaer eyes Henderson amid De Gea doubts
United have hired a new goalkeeping coach in a bid to turn around David de Gea's form, but are also ready to take Dean Henderson back to Old Trafford.
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is running out of patience with David de Gea, The Athletic says.
With many areas of the United side in need of improvement, goalkeeper might not immediately jump out as a priority position, but De Gea's mistake in December's Premier League defeat to Watford was reportedly the catalyst for the Red Devils' boss to look for alternatives to the Spaniard.
Solskjaer ready to recall Henderson to compete with De Gea
While De Gea has kept three clean sheets in this season's English top flight, on-loan United stopper Dean Henderson has seven at Sheffield United - and the 22-year-old's displays have left Solskjaer ready to take him back to Old Trafford and give him the opportunity to challenge for the number-one shirt.
New goalkeeping coach hired to get De Gea back to best
However, De Gea, who last year signed a new United contract until 2023, is to be given the chance to turn things around, with Burnley goalkeeping coach Craig Mawson appointed recently in a bid to get him back to the form that led him to be named the Premier League's best keeper over the past decade.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA 1 - 0 ESPANYOL Barcelona player ratings vs Espanyol as Suárez secures win
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: When does Trump want schools to reopen?
- Man City 5-0 Newcastle Mahrez goal sees Man City break new ground in Premier League
- World Cup 2022 World Cup 2022: environmentally friendly vehicles for the fans
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Trump says a second package will come "very soon"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho tells Spurs players that attitude "is non-negotiable"