Chelsea's Danny Drinkwater makes Aston Villa move
Danny Drinkwater has joined Aston Villa on a temporary deal. The midfielder brings to an end an uneventful spell at Turf Moor where he made just two appearances.
Danny Drinkwater will spend the rest of the season on loan at Aston Villa, bring to an end a disappointing spell with Burnley. The Chelsea midfielder's short-term stint at Turf Moor officially ended on Monday after five months and just two appearances in official competition. Villa moved quickly to snap up the 29-year-old despite his unhappy time with the Clarets, during which he was allegedly involved in an altercation outside a Manchester nightclub in September.
Villa unable to bid for Chelsea pair
An ankle injury suffered in the incident further curtailed Drinkwater's attempts to rejuvenate his career, although he did return to start Burnley's 4-1 home defeat to Manchester City in December. His move to Villa Park effectively rules the relegation battlers out of contention for Chelsea strikers Olivier Giroud and Michy Batshuayi as Premier League regulations prohibit them from signing two players on loan from a divisional rival.
Villa boss Dean Smith said: "Danny was a key member of Leicester City's title-winning team and has represented England so he is a vastly experienced player. He will strengthen our squad significantly."
Villa's move into the transfer market comes after goalkeeper Tom Heaton and striker Wesley suffered season-ending knee injuries.
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability