Solskjaer wary of letting players leave amid Young-to-Inter talk
Ashley Young has been strongly linked with a move to Inter, much to the unease of Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is uneasy at the thought of letting players leave Manchester United following rumours Inter have expressed an interest in Ashley Young.
Young rumoured to be close to Inter transfer
United lost 3-1 at home to bitter rivals Manchester City in the first leg of their EFL Cup semi-final on Tuesday, with the visitors outclassing Solskjaer's men for most of the match.
The defeat highlighted the glaring deficiencies in United's squad, with Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira, Phil Jones and Victor Lindelof coming in for criticism for their respective performances.
Shortly after the match, rumours began to emerge claiming Serie A leaders Inter are in advanced talks for Young, who has been used as a back-up option for the full-back positions over the past few seasons.
Bittersweet to lead out my boyhood team for the first time but lose the game.— Marcus Rashford (@MarcusRashford) January 7, 2020
Still in the tie and we’ll give it all we’ve got at The Etihad. Thanks for the support. pic.twitter.com/oMm4zKg9rr
Solskjaer: "We need the players we have in the squad"
Despite the 34-year-old being out of contract at the end of the season, Solskjaer seemed reluctant to let Young leave this month.
"Tonight's not the time to talk about players leaving, because we need the players we have in the squad and we've got a few months left of this season," Solskjaer told reporters.
"You've got to ask Ash, to be fair. For me it's about focusing on the next game and tonight [City]."
United return to Premier League action this weekend at home to Norwich City.
Te recomendamos en English
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- THE SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: fan groups call out club greed
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- SUPER LEAGUE Super League? But what happens with the Champions League?
- NBA Nets to determine severity of Durant injury after defeat to Heat
- Gun violence Texas shooting: who is the suspect identified by the police?