Lyon confirm Dembele offers but rule out January exit
Chelsea are reportedly interested in Moussa Dembele, but Lyon have no plans to sell the striker halfway through the season.
Moussa Dembele has been the subject of transfer bids but the striker will not leave Lyon in January, according to president Jean-Michel Aulas.
Chelsea are reportedly interested in the 23-year-old, who has scored 10 goals in Ligue 1 this season in 18 appearances, as Frank Lampard seeks a new forward to take some of the pressure off Tammy Abraham.
It has been suggested the Premier League club could offer cash plus Olivier Giroud to tempt Lyon into a sale during the transfer window.
However, although he says offers have been made for some of Lyon's top players, Aulas insists Dembele wants to stay at the club at least for now.
"Moussa Dembele will not leave because he wants to stay and win something with OL," he said to reporters on Wednesday. There have been offers for him and for other players, but none of those whom we want to keep will leave in January."
Indeed, Aulas says Lyon's primary objective is to strengthen their squad and mount a challenge for the Champions League places, given they are 12th in the table after 19 matches.
"We'll try to make ourselves stronger," he said. "The first reaction was to get the youngsters in the academy to play more and show themselves more. The second is to recruit. The board of directors have decided to do that, but not at any cost and not in just any situation. We'll only carry out plans that correspond to what the sporting director, the advisers and the coach want."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests