Pepe Reina poised for Aston Villa move
The Spanish keeper is set to move to the Premier League side for six months with the option of a further season and is currently negotiating his AC Milan exit.
After more than five seasons in Serie A (four in Naples and a season and a half in Milan), Spanish keeper Pepe Reina is set to make a return to the Premier League and move to struggling Aston Villa. The Spaniard has already secured an agreement with the English club and his agent Manuel García Quilón is currently negotiating his exit from the Serie A side.
The 37-year-old is poised to join Villa for the remainder of the season with the possibility of an extra campaign being added as a sub clause to the move.
Reina has only featured for AC Milan once this season as the 'Rossoneri' faced Genoa with the stopper making a last minute penalty save to secure maximum points for the Milanese side. The move would mark a return to the English Premier League for Reina who spent eight seasons with the Anfield outfit making 285 appearances for "The Reds".
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed