Mbappé: "It's not the time to talk about contract renewal"
The Paris Saint-Germain striker spoke to the media in the mixed zone after his sides demolition of Saint Etienne in the Coupe de la Ligue in the French capital.
Kylian Mbappé was on target for his PSG side last night as they overcame Saint Étiene 6-1 at home in the French League Cup. Speaking to the media after the game the striker was asked for an update on his contract renewal talks with the Ligue 1 side. The player answered: "This is not the time to talk about that, this is the time to focus on football and my only concern is to concentrate on the current season". Later on the matter of his contract came up and yet again the striker batted the question away stating: "I simply want to focus on football and concentrate on the season in hand. The club are in a stable situation and it's not the time to concentrate on those matters".
Mbappé was asked for his view on using the 4-4-2 system in the game against Saint Étienne and he replied: "I feel that there was a general feeling that these high quality players were making little effort. It is not a question of the system, even if three people have to make an effort, it's not enough. We have television, we all watch games and we may not be the best defenders in the world, but it worked better and we saw it in the game".
Paris Saint-Germain ran out 6-1 winners on the night with Argentine striker Mauro Icardi bagging a hat-trick for the Parisian side. Tomas Tuchel's men now join Reims, Lyon and Lille in the semi-final of the competition.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?