Mbappé: "It's not the time to talk about contract renewal"
The Paris Saint-Germain striker spoke to the media in the mixed zone after his sides demolition of Saint Etienne in the Coupe de la Ligue in the French capital.
Kylian Mbappé was on target for his PSG side last night as they overcame Saint Étiene 6-1 at home in the French League Cup. Speaking to the media after the game the striker was asked for an update on his contract renewal talks with the Ligue 1 side. The player answered: "This is not the time to talk about that, this is the time to focus on football and my only concern is to concentrate on the current season". Later on the matter of his contract came up and yet again the striker batted the question away stating: "I simply want to focus on football and concentrate on the season in hand. The club are in a stable situation and it's not the time to concentrate on those matters".
Mbappé was asked for his view on using the 4-4-2 system in the game against Saint Étienne and he replied: "I feel that there was a general feeling that these high quality players were making little effort. It is not a question of the system, even if three people have to make an effort, it's not enough. We have television, we all watch games and we may not be the best defenders in the world, but it worked better and we saw it in the game".
Paris Saint-Germain ran out 6-1 winners on the night with Argentine striker Mauro Icardi bagging a hat-trick for the Parisian side. Tomas Tuchel's men now join Reims, Lyon and Lille in the semi-final of the competition.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: why hasn't a relief package been agreed?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Champions League: Atlético out as Simeone shoots himself in foot
- QATAR 2022 Qatar 2022: Generation Amazing targets 1m beneficiaries by World Cup
- Champions League Which of the 2019-20 favourites boast the most former winners?
- Transfer market Van de Beek happy at Ajax amid Real Madrid, Man Utd links
- MLS FC Dallas condemn death threats and racist comments sent to Reggie Cannon