Valverde not concerned with Vidal links with Inter and Man Utd
Ernesto Valverde addressed growing speculation over Arturo Vidal's future ahead of the Supercopa de Espana semi-final.
Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde said he is not thinking about Arturo Vidal leaving the club amid the Chilean striker's links with Inter and Manchester United.
Vidal has slipped down the pecking order since Frenkie de Jong's arrival from Ajax, prompting speculation over his future at Camp Nou, where he has only started four LaLiga matches this season.
The 32-year-old Vidal has been heavily linked to a reunion with former Juventus head coach Antonio Conte at Serie A side Inter, while struggling Premier League giants United are reportedly interested.
Valverde addressed the rumours ahead of Thursday's Supercopa de Espana semi-final against Atlético Madrid in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Jedda, Saudi Arabia— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) January 9, 2020
𝕊𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕆𝕟 pic.twitter.com/i3CzLQQEqO
Valverde: We don't pay attention to other clubs
"We're not thinking about him going to another team," Valverde told a news conference. "We'll see tomorrow [Thursday]. In principle he's with us. No clues."
Pressed on reported interest from England and Italy, Valverde replied: "Arturo Vidal plays for us and tomorrow he'll be on the pitch or on the bench.
"We don't pay any attention to other clubs being interested in our players."
Vidal swapped Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich for Barcelona in 2018 and the Chilean has since won LaLiga and the Supercopa de Espana.
He has scored six LaLiga goals in 15 matches this season, while the veteran has amassed 20 appearances across all competitions.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: WHO approves Sinopharm | Efficacy, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- ENTERTAINMENT Jupiter's Legacy cast: who is who in the Netflix series?
- MOTHER'S DAY 2021 Do florists deliver flowers on Mother’s Day? What are the most common flowers?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?