Icardi remains unclear about PSG future
PSG are keen to exercise their option to buy the Inter Milan loanee for €70m, however Icardi has remained reluctant to confirm if he will stay in Paris next season.
The night of January 8, 2020 will be one to remember for Mauro Icardi.
The Argentine striker netted his first hat-trick in a PSG shirt and was by far the stand-out player in the 6-1 thrashing of Saint-Etienne at Parc des Princes.
But despite having had the near-perfect start to life in the French capital since his loan switch from Inter in September, Icardi has yet to confirm his continuity next season with PSG, who are keen to execute their €70 million option to purchase him.
“It's true that I feel very good in Paris. We haven't talked about anything regarding my future yet, there are still four or five months left to finish the championship,” Icardi is cited as saying from reports in Italy.
“But I'm sure that in May, when it's all over, we'll sit down to talk about it. And if I can stay, I will be happy to,” added the Inter loanee, who is also a reported target of Juventus.
Icardi's near-perfect start at PSG
Since his arrival in Paris, Icardi has cemented himself as a regular starter in PSG coach Thomas Tuchel’s side, ousting Uruguayan stalwart Edinson Cavani, who has been heavily linked with a move to Atlético Madrid during the January transfer window.
The 26-year-old Argentina international has netted 17 goals in 19 games, making him the club’s second highest scorer this season after Kylian Mbappé with 19 goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side