Bale definitively out of Spanish Super Cup final
The Welshman is still struggling with the respiratory tract infection that prevented him travelling to Saudi Arabia for the match against Valencia.
Gareth Bale is definitely out of the Spanish Super Cup final. The Real Madrid forward is still struggling with the respiratory tract infection that forced him to stay in in Madrid and miss the semi-final against Valencia on Wednesday night (Real Madrid won 3-1 to head into Saturday’s final against either Barcelona or Atlético Madrid, with the second semi-final being played on Thursday evening at 20:00 CET).
Real Madrid had been waiting on Bale
Real Madrid had been assessing the Welsh player to see if he would recover in time to make the journey to Saudi Arabia for the final, but the club’s medical services and coaching team decided today, Thursday, to keep him in Madrid recovering.
After the win over Valencia, Zidane made it fairly clear that he didn’t believe Bale would recover in time for the final, saying: “I don’t know, right now he’s not ok. He hasn’t trained all week. We’ll see what we end up doing. We’ll talk to the doctors.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side