Bale definitively out of Spanish Super Cup final
The Welshman is still struggling with the respiratory tract infection that prevented him travelling to Saudi Arabia for the match against Valencia.
Gareth Bale is definitely out of the Spanish Super Cup final. The Real Madrid forward is still struggling with the respiratory tract infection that forced him to stay in in Madrid and miss the semi-final against Valencia on Wednesday night (Real Madrid won 3-1 to head into Saturday’s final against either Barcelona or Atlético Madrid, with the second semi-final being played on Thursday evening at 20:00 CET).
Real Madrid had been waiting on Bale
Real Madrid had been assessing the Welsh player to see if he would recover in time to make the journey to Saudi Arabia for the final, but the club’s medical services and coaching team decided today, Thursday, to keep him in Madrid recovering.
After the win over Valencia, Zidane made it fairly clear that he didn’t believe Bale would recover in time for the final, saying: “I don’t know, right now he’s not ok. He hasn’t trained all week. We’ll see what we end up doing. We’ll talk to the doctors.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star 2021: Slam Dunk Contest updates, Three points and Skills Challenge winner... | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star Game 2021 : Team LeBron vs Team Durant, scores, highlights | Live online
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star 2021: who has won the most All-Star Game MVP awards?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All-Star: who has won the most Slam Dunk Contests?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN New unemployment benefits 2021: who will get extra payments from the stimulus bill?
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today