Bale definitively out of Spanish Super Cup final
The Welshman is still struggling with the respiratory tract infection that prevented him travelling to Saudi Arabia for the match against Valencia.
Gareth Bale is definitely out of the Spanish Super Cup final. The Real Madrid forward is still struggling with the respiratory tract infection that forced him to stay in in Madrid and miss the semi-final against Valencia on Wednesday night (Real Madrid won 3-1 to head into Saturday’s final against either Barcelona or Atlético Madrid, with the second semi-final being played on Thursday evening at 20:00 CET).
Real Madrid had been waiting on Bale
Real Madrid had been assessing the Welsh player to see if he would recover in time to make the journey to Saudi Arabia for the final, but the club’s medical services and coaching team decided today, Thursday, to keep him in Madrid recovering.
After the win over Valencia, Zidane made it fairly clear that he didn’t believe Bale would recover in time for the final, saying: “I don’t know, right now he’s not ok. He hasn’t trained all week. We’ll see what we end up doing. We’ll talk to the doctors.”
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?