Barcelona's Griezmann: “VAR is here to help football”
French striker Antoine Griezmann spoke pitchside after his side had lost to his former team, Atlético Madrid, in the Spanish Super Cup semi-final.
Immediately after the final whistle blew in the Spanish Super Cup semi-final - one that Barcelona had dominated but ended up losing 2-3 - a disappointed Antoine Griezmann spoke to Spanish TV.
Griezmann on VAR and losing to Atlético
How can you explain the defeat?
"I don't know. In the same way as I can't explain our mistakes, and in the end they [Atlético] had more energy and it cost us. We have to watch the game back, work and improve. If we improve we get back up."
What errors do you refer to?
"I failed to make the pass to Umtiti. Little things like that can result in you losing a match, a league, a Champions League. We will work and that's it."
Barça had two goals disallowed
"We have VAR to help football. Sometimes it helps you and sometimes it goes against you, but it is what it is."
Now the two invited teams are in the final, not the Liga and Copa winners
"Those who have won the semi-finals are there. That's it."
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $400 new weekly unemployment benefits: when are they coming?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Why was there a proposal for a $10,000 stimulus check and could it pass?
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?