Barcelona's Griezmann: “VAR is here to help football”
French striker Antoine Griezmann spoke pitchside after his side had lost to his former team, Atlético Madrid, in the Spanish Super Cup semi-final.
Immediately after the final whistle blew in the Spanish Super Cup semi-final - one that Barcelona had dominated but ended up losing 2-3 - a disappointed Antoine Griezmann spoke to Spanish TV.
Griezmann on VAR and losing to Atlético
How can you explain the defeat?
"I don't know. In the same way as I can't explain our mistakes, and in the end they [Atlético] had more energy and it cost us. We have to watch the game back, work and improve. If we improve we get back up."
What errors do you refer to?
"I failed to make the pass to Umtiti. Little things like that can result in you losing a match, a league, a Champions League. We will work and that's it."
Barça had two goals disallowed
"We have VAR to help football. Sometimes it helps you and sometimes it goes against you, but it is what it is."
Now the two invited teams are in the final, not the Liga and Copa winners
"Those who have won the semi-finals are there. That's it."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale to Tottenham: sign Modric from Real Madrid too, Redknapp tells Spurs
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: update on US coronavirus relief bill
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Real Madrid: Florentino Pérez wanted Bale, Zidane didn't
- QATAR 2022 Lusail to be transformed into a community space after Qatar 2022
- BARCELONA Koeman: "Suárez will have a role to play if he stays at Barcelona"