Barcelona's Griezmann: “VAR is here to help football”
French striker Antoine Griezmann spoke pitchside after his side had lost to his former team, Atlético Madrid, in the Spanish Super Cup semi-final.
Immediately after the final whistle blew in the Spanish Super Cup semi-final - one that Barcelona had dominated but ended up losing 2-3 - a disappointed Antoine Griezmann spoke to Spanish TV.
Griezmann on VAR and losing to Atlético
How can you explain the defeat?
"I don't know. In the same way as I can't explain our mistakes, and in the end they [Atlético] had more energy and it cost us. We have to watch the game back, work and improve. If we improve we get back up."
What errors do you refer to?
"I failed to make the pass to Umtiti. Little things like that can result in you losing a match, a league, a Champions League. We will work and that's it."
Barça had two goals disallowed
"We have VAR to help football. Sometimes it helps you and sometimes it goes against you, but it is what it is."
Now the two invited teams are in the final, not the Liga and Copa winners
"Those who have won the semi-finals are there. That's it."
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?