When is the Spanish Super Cup final between Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid?
The two 'invited' teams to the tournament are through to the final, which will be played at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah.
The two teams who didn't win anything last season are through to the final of the Spanish Super Cup. Real Madrid beat Copa del Rey holders Valencia 3-1 on Wednesday evening, while Atlético Madrid came back to beat LaLiga champions Barcelona 3-2 on Thursday.
Spanish Super Cup final to be held on Sunday 12 January
That means the final of the Spanish Super Cup this year will see a Madrid derby, which is scheduled to be held on Sunday, 12 January, with kick-off at 19:00 CET. The match will be played at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Both semi-finals were played at the same venue.
This is the second time the match has been played outside Spain, after last year's edition in Tangier, Morocco. It is however the first time it's been played between two sides who won no domestic trophies between them last season.
The final will go to extra-time and penalties, if required. There will be full coverage of the grand final here on AS English, hope to see you then.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live