When is the Spanish Super Cup final between Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid?
The two 'invited' teams to the tournament are through to the final, which will be played at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah.
The two teams who didn't win anything last season are through to the final of the Spanish Super Cup. Real Madrid beat Copa del Rey holders Valencia 3-1 on Wednesday evening, while Atlético Madrid came back to beat LaLiga champions Barcelona 3-2 on Thursday.
Spanish Super Cup final to be held on Sunday 12 January
That means the final of the Spanish Super Cup this year will see a Madrid derby, which is scheduled to be held on Sunday, 12 January, with kick-off at 19:00 CET. The match will be played at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Both semi-finals were played at the same venue.
This is the second time the match has been played outside Spain, after last year's edition in Tangier, Morocco. It is however the first time it's been played between two sides who won no domestic trophies between them last season.
The final will go to extra-time and penalties, if required. There will be full coverage of the grand final here on AS English, hope to see you then.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?