Messi: "We didn't deserve to lose"
The Barcelona forward spoke after his side were beaten 3-2 by Atlético Madrid in the semi-finals of the Spanish Super Cup.
Leo Messi spoke after his side were knocked out of the new-format Spanish Super Cup in the semi-final against Atlético Madrid. Messi scored early in the second half to level the tie at 1-1, but despite Barcelona going ahead through a Griezmann header, they were pegged back and then beaten by a Morata penalty and a Correa's late goal.
Feelings after the game?
We didn't deserve to lose. It's a shame, we played a great game, we were feeling good, better than we have been recently. We were controlling the game, attacking all the time. And in 10 minutes they turned a scoreline around which we should have killed off before then. Today we took a step forward, despite the defeat.
Confidence in Valverde?
Yes, we're working to get better. We haven't been playing well recently and need to get our performances back, even though we are the leaders [of LaLiga].
Spanish Super Cup
It hurts to lose because it's for a title, but we played well and were unlucky not to get the win. We were better for almost the entire match, but in the end, the team that scores wins. Whether it's unfair or not, we lost.
We made schoolboy errors and practically gave the goals away.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much money has been sent in stimulus checks and how much remains unsent?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Trump keen to invest $1 trillion
- Coronavirus A second stimulus payment is highly unlikely
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: green energy call from Democrats in next round of payments
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League return: five fixtures not to miss
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...