Atlanta United and Xolos are fighting for Gonzalez Pirez
There was a big misunderstanding between both teams over the Argentine defender, who was already registered for the upcoming MLS season.
Just when everyone thought that Leandro Gonzalez Pirez was on his way to Xolos for this upcoming semester, Atlanta United registered the Argentine defender for the MLS season.
Atlanta’s sports director, Carlos Bocanegra, said that the deal had not been done between the two teams and that is why they went ahead and registered the player. Perez had even been training with Xolos when this happened but will now have to return to Atlanta because they deny any sort of agreement was reached.
Carlos Bocanegra: Nothing is finalized with Leandro (Gonzalez Pirez) #ATLUTD— Felipe Cárdenas (@FelipeCar) January 9, 2020
Atlanta will start the 2020 season against Nashville SC, the new expansion team, and want to have the Argentine defender in their roster. The one-time MLS champion signed Perez back in 2017 when he ended his contract with Estudiantes de la Plata. Atlanta had to pay 1.8 million dollars for him, and he has played 115 games and scored 6 goals in two seasons. The Argentine was a key player when they won the MLS Cup and the US Open Cup in 2019.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: $1,200, $2,000 or $6,000 - how much would it be?
- LALIGA How to watch LaLiga games free in the UK in June
- Coronavirus: This season is meaningless – Di Livio against Serie A restart
- Coronavirus | USA How does the Twitter fact-check policy work and why was it used against Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: What is a Money Network Card? Is it a scam?
- Coronavirus | USA Washington DC reopening: what shops and businesses will open?