Atlanta United and Xolos are fighting for Gonzalez Pirez
There was a big misunderstanding between both teams over the Argentine defender, who was already registered for the upcoming MLS season.
Just when everyone thought that Leandro Gonzalez Pirez was on his way to Xolos for this upcoming semester, Atlanta United registered the Argentine defender for the MLS season.
Atlanta’s sports director, Carlos Bocanegra, said that the deal had not been done between the two teams and that is why they went ahead and registered the player. Perez had even been training with Xolos when this happened but will now have to return to Atlanta because they deny any sort of agreement was reached.
Carlos Bocanegra: Nothing is finalized with Leandro (Gonzalez Pirez) #ATLUTD— Felipe Cárdenas (@FelipeCar) January 9, 2020
Atlanta will start the 2020 season against Nashville SC, the new expansion team, and want to have the Argentine defender in their roster. The one-time MLS champion signed Perez back in 2017 when he ended his contract with Estudiantes de la Plata. Atlanta had to pay 1.8 million dollars for him, and he has played 115 games and scored 6 goals in two seasons. The Argentine was a key player when they won the MLS Cup and the US Open Cup in 2019.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Resident Evil Village demo: date, times, how to play on PS4/PS5, Xbox and PC
- ENTERTAINMENT Helen McCrory dies: what where her most famous roles? Peaky Blinders, Harry Potter...
- US NEWS Shooting at FedEx warehouse in Indianapolis leaves eight dead
- NFL NFL Draft 2021 top prospects: the 10 best players
- CORONAVIRUS Will a third vaccine dose for covid-19 be needed in the future?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How many people have received their third stimulus checks?