Chelsea blow as Pulisic out for "a few weeks" due to "nasty injury"
The loss of USMNT star Christian Pulisic will come as a big blow for Chelsea coach Frank Lampard, who confirmed the injury ahead of his side's clash with Burnley.
U.S. international Christian Pulisic is set to miss “a few weeks” for Chelsea due to an adductor injury picked up in training last Saturday.
Blues boss Frank Lampard confirmed the news in a press conference ahead of his side’s meeting with Burnley at home this weekend.
“Christian Pulisic is out, he'll be out for a few weeks. He was injured in training last Saturday. It's an injury in the adductor, so he's got a tendon injury," Lampard said.
"It was quite a nasty injury, he was in pain when it happened."
Pulisic injury big blow for Chelsea
Having made a slow start to life at Chelsea following his 60-million-euro switch from Borussia Dortmund, Pulisic eventually found his feet, netting a stunning perfect hat-trick against Burnley in late October.
Overall, the U.S. winger has provided six goals and six assists over 23 appearances for Chelsea this season and his upcoming layoff will come as a blow for Lampard, as the Blues enter the business end of the season and a dogged battle for a top-four Champions League spot.
Aside from Burnley on Saturday, Chelsea will be without Pulisic for sterner tests against Newcastle, Arsenal and high-flying Leicester over the coming weeks – with the 21-year-old forward also a doubt for the crunch ties with fellow top-four contenders Manchester United (February 17) and Tottenham (February 22).
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PSG vs Bayern Munich: times, TV & how to watch online
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Would the fourth stimulus check be taxed by the IRS?
- NFL Former Chiefs assistant Reid charged with felony DWI
- MLS 2021 MLS schedule and dates: regular season, playoffs, All Star..
- COVID-19 VACCINATION What to do if you get covid-19 between vaccine doses?
- PSG Neymar: "I owe a large part of my happiness at PSG to Mbappé"