Suárez could miss six weeks to fix ongoing knee issue
Suarez’s recent performances have been impacted by the returning discomfort in his right knee and he is prepared to take time out if necessary to resolve the problem.
Catalan daily Sport reports that Luis Suárez is set for a medical review with well-known Barcelona-based surgeon Dr Ramon Cugat to assess the condition of his right knee, which has returned to cause him problems just eight months after he underwent keyhole surgery following the Champions League semi-final against Liverpool.
Suárez’s recent performances have been impacted by the returning discomfort in his right knee and he is prepared to take time out if necessary to resolve the problem so that he is fit for the final part of the season.
Suarez will aim to be back for Napoli tie
It has been speculated that the 32-year-old forward will have to undergo an operation, with his aim to be back in action for the Champions League last 16 tie against Napoli, the first leg of which will be played on February 25.
That means Suárez would be set for a six-week layoff, during which he would miss upcoming matches against Granada, Valencia, Levante, Betis, Getafe and Eibar.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?