Xavi: "My dream is to coach Barcelona…"
But the former Barça player stated: "But I'm still Al Sadd manager..." and he also offered his reasons for meeting up with Eric Abidal.
After overseeing his Al-Saad's side win over Al Rayyan in the semi-final of the Qatari Cup, Xavi Hernández spoke to the media in the press room at the Jassim bin Hamad Stadium in Doha.
After meeting FC Barcelona's sporting director Eric Abidal and club executive director Óscar Grau to discuss a possible move to the Camp Nou bench, the former player was coy in revealing any information about the meeting. "There is no offer from Barça, I met up with Eric Abidal as he is a friend of mine and as a mark of respect for Bracelona and Ernesto Valverde, there's nothing I can say about the club".
Xavi did alluded to taking over at Camp Nou at some point, with the 39-year-old repeating in the past his desire to oversee the club where he made a name for himself, he added: "Everyone knows that coaching Barça is a dream, but at present I'm the Al Sadd head coach and that is my main focus at present".
The next instalment of talks between both sides could prove to be decisive with speculation growing that president Bartomeu may join Abidal and Grau as part of the negotiation process to bring the Terrassa born back to LaLiga.
Te recomendamos en English
- DISNEY+ Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- 2020 US ELECTIONS US elections: What's Trump's plan to deal with Coronavirus?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how could mail voting affect the result?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?