Suárez out for four months following knee surgery
Faced with Suárez’s four-month layoff, Barcelona are now seriously considering the option of bringing in a replacement striker during the January transfer window.
Barcelona’s woes continue to grow as Luis Suarez is set to miss majority of the rest of the season following a knee operation this Sunday morning.
According to the club, the Uruguayan striker will miss four months while he recovers from the surgery, which comes just months after he had a procedure on the same knee following last season’s Champions League semi-final against Liverpool.
Barcelona look to bring in striker during January
Suarez has been struggling with discomfort in his right knee for a few years now. And following Thursday’s Super Cup semi-final defeat to Atlético Madrid, the possibility of surgery was raised, although the 32-year-old never imagined that the recovery period would be so long.
Initial talk before the surgery was that Suarez would miss four-to-six weeks, which would have allowed him to return in time for the Champions League last-16 tie with Napoli on February 25.
Faced with Suarez’s four-month layoff, Barcelona are now seriously considering the option of bringing in a replacement striker during the January transfer window.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi: Barcelona boss Koeman defends captain after red card
- BUNDESLIGA Jovic: I couldn't have imagined better Eintracht Frankfurt comeback
- Juventus 'couldn't have had a worse match' but Pirlo maintains lofty ambitions
- SERIE A Juventus ambitions intact despite Inter defeat, says Pirlo
- US News Who’s who in Biden’s science team and what does “elevated to cabinet” mean?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS When will Joe Biden's American Rescue Plan be approved?