Suárez out for four months following knee surgery
Faced with Suárez’s four-month layoff, Barcelona are now seriously considering the option of bringing in a replacement striker during the January transfer window.
Barcelona’s woes continue to grow as Luis Suarez is set to miss majority of the rest of the season following a knee operation this Sunday morning.
According to the club, the Uruguayan striker will miss four months while he recovers from the surgery, which comes just months after he had a procedure on the same knee following last season’s Champions League semi-final against Liverpool.
Barcelona look to bring in striker during January
Suarez has been struggling with discomfort in his right knee for a few years now. And following Thursday’s Super Cup semi-final defeat to Atlético Madrid, the possibility of surgery was raised, although the 32-year-old never imagined that the recovery period would be so long.
Initial talk before the surgery was that Suarez would miss four-to-six weeks, which would have allowed him to return in time for the Champions League last-16 tie with Napoli on February 25.
Faced with Suarez’s four-month layoff, Barcelona are now seriously considering the option of bringing in a replacement striker during the January transfer window.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest