Suárez out for four months following knee surgery
Faced with Suárez’s four-month layoff, Barcelona are now seriously considering the option of bringing in a replacement striker during the January transfer window.
Barcelona’s woes continue to grow as Luis Suarez is set to miss majority of the rest of the season following a knee operation this Sunday morning.
According to the club, the Uruguayan striker will miss four months while he recovers from the surgery, which comes just months after he had a procedure on the same knee following last season’s Champions League semi-final against Liverpool.
Barcelona look to bring in striker during January
Suarez has been struggling with discomfort in his right knee for a few years now. And following Thursday’s Super Cup semi-final defeat to Atlético Madrid, the possibility of surgery was raised, although the 32-year-old never imagined that the recovery period would be so long.
Initial talk before the surgery was that Suarez would miss four-to-six weeks, which would have allowed him to return in time for the Champions League last-16 tie with Napoli on February 25.
Faced with Suarez’s four-month layoff, Barcelona are now seriously considering the option of bringing in a replacement striker during the January transfer window.
Te recomendamos en English
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL George Floyd verdict and closing arguments: what has defense and prosecution stated?
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- European Super League Florentino Pérez on European Super League: "We are doing this to save football"