Neymar: PSG's four-man attack working well
PSG superstar Neymar wants to keep playing alongside Angel Di Maria, Mauro Icardi and Kylian Mbappé despite defensive frailties.
Neymar thinks PSG should stick with their all-out attacking approach despite Monaco twice coming from behind to secure a thrilling 3-3 Ligue 1 draw at the Parc des Princes.
Neymar was on sparkling form, scoring twice and forcing Fode Ballo-Toure's own goal but Monaco gave as good as they got in an absorbing contest in Paris on Sunday.
Gelson Martins and Wissam Ben Yedder overturned Neymar's early opener to give Robert Moreno's Monaco the lead inside 15 minutes and Islam Slimani smuggled in another equaliser 20 minutes from time.
Neymar and Angel Di Maria flanked Mauro Icardi and Kylian Mbappé in attack but PSG's backline was frequently exposed.
Nevertheless, Neymar – the world's most expensive footballer – is backing head coach Thomas Tuchel's strategy.
Neymar: "We have quality"
"We scored three goals. I think that it worked well," Neymar told reporters.
"We have quality, we know it. I think you made a mistake with this question but I responded."
Neymar believes Sunday's test will stand PSG in good stead as they once again compete for multiple honours, with Tuchel's old employers Borussia Dortmund their last-16 opponents when the Champions League resumes next month.
"This was a very difficult match," the Brazil international added. "We knew that we were going to encounter difficulties because they have a good team, with quality.
"It was a good test. We are happy. This was not the best match of our season. We are going to improve each time to pull off a great campaign."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move