Florentino Pérez: "I don't know who Pogba is"
The president of Real Madrid was interviewed after the Atlético Madrid game and was asked about Pogba but he said he didn't know of any Pogba.
Florentino Pérez was interviewed after Real Madrid won the Spanish Super Cup in Saudi Arabia. He was asked the usual questions but at the end, the presenter asked him about Paul Pogba. "I don't know who Pogba is?" he replied before giving a smile to the man asking the questions.
Real Madrid had been linked heavily to the French midfielder during the summer as Zinedine Zidane tried to build a European contender. Manchester United refused to sell, however, and Zidane was left to work with what he had.
The emergence of Fede Valverde was the result of the failed chase of Pogba and the Uruguayan was voted the MVP of the Super Cup final after an energetic display. He was sent off at the end for an unsavoury tackle on Alvero Morata but his performance prior to that was very good.
Perez says Valverde "will figure as one of the great stars at Real Madrid in the coming years." It seems the man nicknamed 'The Little Bird' has given the president a case of amnesia with his displays in recent months.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much money has been sent in stimulus checks and how much remains unsent?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Trump keen to invest $1 trillion
- Coronavirus A second stimulus payment is highly unlikely
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: green energy call from Democrats in next round of payments
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League return: five fixtures not to miss
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...