Pepe Reina joins Aston Villa on loan while Asmir Begovic moves to Milan
Goalkeepers Pepe Reina and Asmir Begovic have jopined new clubs on loan, with the former joining Aston Villa and the latter switching to AC Milan.
Pepe Reina has returned to the Premier League, joining Aston Villa on a six-month loan deal from from AC Milan on loan, while Bournemouth's Asmir Begovic has moved in the opposite direction - to San Siro on a short-term deal.
Reina set for Anfield reunion
Former Liverpool goalkeeper Reina spent eight years at Anfield as the team's first-choice No.1. He will spend the remainder of the season at Villa Park and could get to face his old club when Villa are guests at Anfield on 11 April. Villa have moved for the 37-year-old due to the season-ending knee injury England's Tom Heaton suffered earlier this month.
Reina joined Milan from Napoli in 2018 but has been unable to dislodge Gianluigi Donnarumma and has been restricted to five Serie A appearances. Donnarumma's deputy will now be ex-Chelsea goalkeeper Begovic, who has also moved on a deal that runs until the end of the campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor