Man Utd close to completing Bruno Fernandes signing
Manchester United may be ready to finally complete a deal for Sporting CP midfielder Bruno Fernandes.
Bruno Fernandes is apparently set to join Manchester United, but just whether a deal can be done appears uncertain.
Fernandes, 25, has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford from Sporting CP in January.
But there are contrasting reports over the status of a potential deal as United look to strengthen amid an injury crisis.
TOP STORY – MAN UTD SET TO COMPLETE FERNANDES SIGNING
Manchester United are set to sign Fernandes for £60million (€70m) by the end of the week, according to The Sun.
However, the Daily Mail reports United are offering £50m (€58.4m) plus £10m (€11.7m) in add-ons and Sporting want £64m (€74.7m) up front.
Meanwhile, Fernandes has told Sporting he wants to make the move this month, according to The Telegraph, while reports in Portugal suggest Marcos Rojo could return to Lisbon as part of the deal.
Man Utd set to sign Bruno Fernandes by the end of the week.https://t.co/HvWBjxN3Ua— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) January 14, 2020
ROUND-UP: ERIKSEN, STONES, CAVANI
- Inter and Tottenham started talks over Christian Eriksen on Monday, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. The Serie A giants are reportedly hoping to land the midfielder for €10m (£8.6m) as his contract expires at the end of the season.
- John Stones has emerged as a transfer target for Arsenal. The Sun reports Mikel Arteta is targeting the Manchester City defender, even if it is a loan move. Stones has played just 10 Premier League games this season.
- With Harry Kane set to be sidelined until at least April, Tottenham are eyeing a forward. The Independent claims Milan's Krzysztof Piatek and Paris Saint-Germain's Edinson Cavani are options for Spurs this month.
- Another surprise target for Tottenham has emerged. Gazzetta dello Sport says Fernando Llorente could be set for a return to the Premier League club, having left at the end of last season and signed with Napoli.
- Inter are close to completing a deal for Chelsea forward Olivier Giroud, according to the Daily Mail. The report says Giroud has already agreed personal terms with Inter, who are set to pay between €5.3m (£4.5m) and €7.6m (£6.5m) for the Frenchman.
- Moves are expected at San Siro this month and Gianluca Di Marzio understands Roma have entered the race for Inter's Matteo Politano following Nicolo Zaniolo's serious knee injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus