Benfica want Mariano as Raúl de Tomás replacement
Raul de Tomas left Benfica and they need a replacement but Mariano and Real Madrid will be hard to convince unless certain conditions are met.
Benfica are interested in signing Mariano on loan until the end of the season according to O Jogo in Portugal. The exit of Raúl de Tomás, has left the Portuguese side with a gap to fill up front and they have turned to the Real Madrid outcast as a potential solution.
The Liga NOS side have work to do to convince Real Madrid and the player in order to make the deal a reality. One condition Real Madrid want in any move is that Benfica assume his high wages (more than €4 million a year). The Portuguese side would have to pay just half that with a loan deal for the rest of the season.
The footballer will be hard to convince too. Mariano is not desperate for a move at the moment and is willing to bide his time. The 26-year-old as a contract until 2023 with a very good wage. In no situation is he willing to leave Real Madrid unless he gets his wages paid in full.
He is happy in Madrid. It's the club he wants to play for and he has good friends in the dressing room. So, aside from just minutes and the chance to play, Benfica, or any other club interested in him, will have to put very good conditions on the table both economically and sporting.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford