Barcelona: Arthur, Riqui Puig 'like' Valverde sacking
Arthur Melo and Riqui Puig produced a surprising social-media reaction to the news that Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde had been fired.
Barcelona players Arthur Melo and Riqui Puig have raised eyebrows with their social-media reaction to the news of the club's sacking of head coach Ernesto Valverde.
Barcelona pair 'like' club's Instagram accouncement of Valverde sacking
After two and a half years in charge, Valverde was replaced by Quique Setién on Monday - and Arthur and Puig were among the nearly two million Instagram users to 'like' Barça's announcement of the coach's departure on the platform.
Players also post farewell message to Valverde
Arthur, who played 56 times under Valverde following his 2018 move from Gremio, later took to social media to post a goodbye message to the 55-year-old, writing: "Today a very important person for me since my arrival in Barcelona has left.
"I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Ernesto Valverde for having made me feel so welcome at the club," added the Brazilian international, who impressed in his first season at Barça but has endured an indifferent 2019/20 due to injuries and inconsistency. "He was crucial to my adaptation to Spain."
Contigo he debutado, crecido y aprendido en el primer equipo. Muchas gracias y mucha suerte, Ernesto. pic.twitter.com/hCwnbbOucz— Riqui Puig (@RiquiPuig) January 14, 2020
Barça B's Puig, 20, who has made a total of three first-team appearances since being given his debut by Valverde in December 2018, also posted a farewell message, telling the coach: "With you I made my debut, grew and learned in the first team. Thanks a lot and best of luck, Ernesto."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- GAMING NEWS Genshin Impact: how to download free in PS4, PC, iOS and Android
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?