SPANISH SUPER CUP
How much did each team and player get for the Spanish Super Cup?
The federation reached an agreement with the clubs before the final was won that would see each player earn €150,000 and a fee for each team.
Real Madrid lifted their first trophy of the year in Saudi Arabia on Sunday night after beating Atlético Madrid on penalties in the final. And with the confidence and pride that comes with winning a title comes monetary reward.
In this case, Madrid won €12 million. The players, however, were promised €150,000 per player and so Madrid's actual windfall was much less.
Every team that was involved in the tournament, Barcelona and Valencia were the other semi-finalists, were given money to fly to Saudi Arabia. Barcelona and Real Madrid were awarded €6 million. Atlético were given €4 million and Valencia €1.7 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests