SPANISH SUPER CUP
How much did each team and player get for the Spanish Super Cup?
The federation reached an agreement with the clubs before the final was won that would see each player earn €150,000 and a fee for each team.
Real Madrid lifted their first trophy of the year in Saudi Arabia on Sunday night after beating Atlético Madrid on penalties in the final. And with the confidence and pride that comes with winning a title comes monetary reward.
In this case, Madrid won €12 million. The players, however, were promised €150,000 per player and so Madrid's actual windfall was much less.
Every team that was involved in the tournament, Barcelona and Valencia were the other semi-finalists, were given money to fly to Saudi Arabia. Barcelona and Real Madrid were awarded €6 million. Atlético were given €4 million and Valencia €1.7 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live