SPANISH SUPER CUP
How much did each team and player get for the Spanish Super Cup?
The federation reached an agreement with the clubs before the final was won that would see each player earn €150,000 and a fee for each team.
Real Madrid lifted their first trophy of the year in Saudi Arabia on Sunday night after beating Atlético Madrid on penalties in the final. And with the confidence and pride that comes with winning a title comes monetary reward.
In this case, Madrid won €12 million. The players, however, were promised €150,000 per player and so Madrid's actual windfall was much less.
Every team that was involved in the tournament, Barcelona and Valencia were the other semi-finalists, were given money to fly to Saudi Arabia. Barcelona and Real Madrid were awarded €6 million. Atlético were given €4 million and Valencia €1.7 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side