Gareth Bale, the only one to leave Real Madrid's casualty room
Gareth Bale returned to full training after missing the Spanish Super Cup final. Ramos and Jovic trained inside the gym. Hazard and Benzema remain out.
Gareth Bale is available again for Real Madrid but he is the one to leave the casualty room. Zinedine Zidane watched over today's training session - one in which a number of first team regulars were unable to take part. Apart from long-term patient Marco Asensio, Karim Benzema and Eden Hazard were not with the group. Benzema has been exercising apart out on the practice pitches in Valdebebas, and has been working with the ball which suggests he will be back with the squad at some point over the next few days.
Bale back in business
As for Gareth Bale, he didn't have an injury to overcome. He caught an infection in what has been a bitterly cold month in the capital and that was the reason why he was ruled out of the Super Cup. The club was keen to ensure that his infection didn't spread among the squad which was why he stayed at home convalescing. Now the Welsh forward is right as rain and trained without any problems today. He should be included in the list for Saturday's game against Sevilla at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Sergio Ramos, who is nursing a sprained ankle still has another week on the sidelines and he spent the duration of the session training in the warmth of the gym. As did Luka Jovic, who has a nasty blister on his foot which will take another couple of days to heal. The rest of the squad were taken through a light recovery workout, following their triumph in Jeddah, where they beat Valencia in the semis and Atlético Madrid in the final to lift the Super Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match