Real Madrid: Sevilla to give Super Cup winners guard of honour
Sevilla are to pay tribute to Real Madrid's Spanish Super Cup victory when the sides meet in LaLiga this weekend.
Sevilla will give Real Madrid a guard of honour before the sides' LaLiga clash this weekend, in the wake of Los Blancos' Spanish Super Cup win last Sunday.
Sevilla repay Real Madrid gesture after 2006 UEFA Cup win
Sevilla's decision to pay tribute to Madrid's Super Cup triumph, claimed 4-1 on penalties after a goalless final draw with Atlético Madrid, sees the Andalusians return the gesture offered to them by the Spanish capital club 14 years ago.
Six days after Sevilla's 4-0 UEFA Cup final victory over Middlesbrough in May 2006, Madrid gave Juande Ramos' side a guard of honour before a LaLiga clash at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán.
Sevilla coach Lopetegui returns to Bernabéu
In a game that sees ex-Bernabéu coach Julen Lopetegui return to face his former club, fourth-placed Sevilla visit Madrid in LaLiga week 20 on Saturday (16:00 CET) sitting five points behind their hosts, who are tied on 40 points with leaders Barcelona.
Sevilla follow Villarreal's Real guard of honour last January
Last January, Villarreal also commemorated a mid-season Real Madrid trophy triumph, lining up to applaud Los Merengues after their 2018 Club World Cup win in the United Arab Emirates two weeks earlier (see top picture).
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Ghana's president goes into a two-weeks self-isolation
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid to play UCL return game in Manchester
- BUNDESLIGA Pep Guardiola 'interfered' and 'knew better' than club doctor
- ALFREDO RELASÑO Zidane, LaLiga, Sergio Ramos and VAR
- QSL Barcelona to wait as Xavi renews as Al-Sadd coach for 20-21 season
- Coronavirus Can coronavirus be spread through the air?