Barcelona's Jean-Clair Todibo loaned to Schalke 04
The centre-back will play in Germany until 30 June. Barcelona stand to earn 1.5 million euros from the loan deal, Schalke have the option to buy for €25M.
FC Barcelona confirmed this evening that French central defender Jean-Clair Todibo will spend the rest of the season on loan Schalke 04. Barcelona will receive 1.5 million euros for the deal while the German club will pay the player's wages in full. Schalke also reserve the option to buy Todibo outright from 1 July for 25 million euros plus a further five in add-ons. If Schalke do trigger that option, Barcelona have a clause in which they will be able to buy the defender back for double the agreed fee - 50 million euros and 10 in variables.
Todibo signed for Barcelona for one million euros from Toulouse in January 2019, signing contract that tied him to the club until 30 June 2023. His buy-out clause was set at 150 million euros. However, his start to life at Camp Nou has been discreet - he has made just four appearances this season in all competitions, totalling just 167 minutes of playing time.
In spite of that, others have spotted his potential with Lothar Matthäus going as far as saying, "He is the best central defender I have seen in a long time".
Todibo's departure leaves Quique Setién with just three centre-backs in his squad - Gerard Piqué, Clement Lenglet and Samuel Umtiti. That opens a window of opportunity to two players from the B team - Uruguayan Ronald Araujo and Juan Brandáriz 'Chumi'.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea defeat "a massive blow" to Liverpool's Champions League hopes, admits Klopp
- Borussia Dortmund - Bayern Munich Klassiker: Haaland a pretender to Lewandowski's throne?
- Copa del Rey Athletic Bilbao could win Copa del Rey twice in two weeks
- PSG Neymar: PSG face Lille issue over international fixtures
- NFL Broncos want to bring back Von Miller – George Paton