Juan Mata's cool finish sends United through to the next round
Juan Mata'S 67th minute strike was enough to send United into the Fourth Round of the FA Cup in tonight's replay against Wolves. Watford or Tranmere await.
Juan Mata sent Manchester United into the Fourth Round of the FA Cup with a 67th-minute goal to secure a 1-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in their replay at Old Trafford on Wednesday evening.
Mata dinks over Wolves keeper Ruddy
Mata was played clean through by Anthony Martial and calmly chipped goalkeeper John Ruddy for the only goal against Premier League opponents who had a 10th-minute effort ruled out by VAR.
The first tie at Molineux between the teams, both in the Last 32 of the Europa League, had ended goalless with United failing to land a single shot on target.
Rashford limps off injured
United's celebrations were muted, however, by an injury to their top scorer Marcus Rashford who came on as a second-half substitute and played less than 15 minutes before limping off injured.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”