Barcelona: Setién calls bonding dinner for players and staff
New Barcelona coach Quique Setién has organised a dinner for players and staff in an effort to strengthen the unity of the group.
The Barcelona team and staff will not train until Friday afternoon in order to allow them to enjoy dinner at a well-known restaurant in Barcelona this Thursday night, according to TV3.
The dinner was organised by new coach, Quique Setién, who considers these types of initiatives as key to strengthening bonds among him, his staff and the players.
In fact, the Barcelona team have not convened for dinner since last September, as the traditional Christmas meet-up was called off due to the team’s tight calendar before the holidays.
Setién stamping his mark
It is evident that the arrival of the new coach is already beginning to impact the work routine that the team has had up to now. To start, he got rid of the rest day that the team had scheduled for Wednesday, called a double session for the day before, organised the dinner night for Thursday, and delayed Friday training until the afternoon so that players could extend the night a little.
On Saturday the team will train in the morning but without knowing the squad for Sunday’s clash with Granada, as a training session has been called for 12:00 on the afternoon of the game, during which Setién will announce his squad.
There is no doubt that Setién has arrived with the intention of putting his seal on things as soon as possible.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71